How to Get Your Car Title in Hawaii
Ready to sell your car, Hawaii? Is the only thing in your way a little piece of paper? CashForCars.com is here to give you the details on how to get your car title on the island, and we’ll do our best to walk you through the process, from paperwork to payments. We work to make car selling simple, so you can worry less, and spend your valuable time on the important things.
Once you have your title, we’ll give you an instant, guaranteed offer for your junk car and pick it up in less than 24 hours with a check in hand, so follow the steps below to ensure you sell your car, quickly, safely and easily in Hawaii.
If you’re simply transferring ownership, make sure to do the following:
- On the title that is being transferred, fill out the Odometer Reading Section with your vehicle’s current mileage
- Have the current owner(s) (the one who is signing over the title of the car) print their name, sign their name, and put the date in the appropriate box
- If you’ve finished paying off your lien, the current lienholder must complete section B of the title
- Bring the correctly filled out title, a certificate of registration, and a current Hawaii vehicle inspection certificate to your local Satellite City Hall
- The fee and taxes will be determined at the location, so bring a checkbook
If you’re just looking to replace an old or beat up title, fill out the request form here, and send it in with a $10.00 check to the below address:
Department of Customer Services
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing & Permits
P.O. Box 30330
Honolulu, HI 96820-0330
And there you have it, the simple and easy way to get your car title in Hawaii. Once you’ve secured your title, give us a call. We’ll give you an instant, guaranteed offer over the phone and we’ll come and pick up your car from your home, office or body shop.
Remember: if you’re currently still paying off your vehicle, CashForCars.com cannot purchase it until it is paid off in full, and the title is in your name.
This information is subject to change and is for informational purposes only. Be sure to check with your local DMV to make sure that all processes are the same, or you can visit the Hawaii DMV page.
CashForCars.com Locations in Hawaii
Cash For Cars Hawaii Locations
Recently Purchased in Hawaii