How to Get Your Car Title in Alaska
Alaska makes it pretty easy to get a copy of your title, so follow the instructions below to sell your car ASAP!
The Alaska DMV website gives a comprehensive step-by-step for all kinds of title issues, but the fastest way to get a copy of your title is to do the following:
To Get a New Vehicle Title:
If you’re looking to get the title to a new car, note that the state of Alaska does not accept original title requests through the mail. You’ll have to go into your local DMV office for this.
- Make sure you have the proper ownership documents.
- Fill out the application for title & registration in ink and have it signed by the vehicle owner
- Have your valid Alaska driver’s license, current registration, and lien release handy.
To Replace an Existing Title:
- Fill out theAlaska application for duplicate titleand have it notarized.
Tip: Most banks, UPS stores, and even most CashForCars.com locations have an on-staff notary public. Please call your closest location to ensure they are working.
- Make sure to also have a lien release and $15 on hand to pay the Division of Motor Vehicles fee.
- You can go to your local DMV in person, or mail your notarized application to the following address:
State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Anchorage, AK 99503-3600
You can contact the DMV toll-free to check for the status of your request at (855) 269-5551.
Please note: If you currently owe money on your vehicle in Alaska (have a current lien) CashForCars.com cannot purchase your vehicle. You can, however, sell your car to CashForCars.com once the final lien payment is made and you have secured your title from the lienholder.
This information is subject to change and is for informational purposes only. Be sure to check with your local DMV to make sure that all processes are correct.
CashForCars.com Locations in Alaska
Cash For Cars Alaska Locations
Recently Purchased in Alaska