Cash For Cars - Tampa South
A Little About Tampa, Florida!
Beautifully situated on the west coast of Florida, Tampa is best known for its theme parks, zoos, Gulf coast beaches, and daily thunderstorms. The latter is partially where Tampa got its name.
Translated roughly to “sticks of fire,” it’s believed that the Native American tribe, The Calusa, named Tampa because of the fierce lightning that would light up the skies during raging summer storms.
Historians argue over where the name Tampa came from. While some believe The Calusa talked of lightning in the name’s meanings, others believe that Tampa means “place to gather sticks” because of the bountiful palmetto fields.
There are even some historians that believe it was The Seminole tribe that named Tampa. In Seminole, the name means “wood,” which would again be a reference for the landscapes of the 1500s.
Locals from Tampa are known as “Tampanians” or “Tampans.”
Tampan is used most commonly in reference to Tampa natives, while Tampanian has been known to be insulting if said in condescending tones.
Things You Might Not Have Known About Tampa, FL
• As of 2020, the population in Tampa is 392000 people. That’s a density of almost 3200 people per square mile.
• On a rank of livability by Area Vibes, Tampa scored a 76 out of 100. The cost of living in this city is 2% lower than the rest of The Sunshine State. Rental prices are 5% lower, too.
• During the Prohibition, where alcohol was outlawed in 1920 to 1933, Tampa was the number one city to buy and sell illegal liquor. People could find underground juke joints for alcohol and illegal antics through code words that traveled by word-of-mouth.
• While the rest of Florida can become a sweltering and humid mess in the summertime, Tampa has never hit 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Ever. Their highest summertime temperatures hover between 89- and 95-degrees Fahrenheit.
• The job market in Tampa is on a steady climb since 2016. The average salary has increased by 2% annually. As of 2021, the average salary in Tampa is around $63,000 to $67,000 per year.
• Cuban sandwiches were actually invented in Tampa. Two Cuban immigrants began serving up their hometown’s cuisine for Florida locals in a small café in the 1860s. The Cuban Sandwich has since been named the “signature sandwich of Tampa” by the Tampa City Council.
• The first-ever passenger flight on an airplane took place from St. Pete to Tampa. It was a huge success, with passenger tickets at only $5 per person in 1914.
• There’s a 4.5-mile-long continuous sidewalk in Tampa. It’s known as Bayshore Boulevard and it’s flanked with restaurants, shops, the National Historic Register, and Old Hyde Park.
• Tampa, FL has a streetcar history. To get through the city, four-wheeled single-truck streetcars that traveled on electric rail systems picked up passengers from one location and dropped them off at another.
The streetcars were retired in 1946, but visitors can still see them and other historic automobiles at the Tampa Bay Automobile Museum.
Things to Do, See, and Eat in Tampa, FL
The Florida Aquarium –
Located in Downtown Tampa, the large-scale aquarium is a family-friendly adventure in themed sections. Trail through the Florida Wetlands, tour the wonders of Madagascar and explore the wildlife of Bays and Beaches.
There are thousands of animals to see, like sand tiger sharks, huge sea turtles, and stingrays, and a few animals to touch in shallow “touch tanks.” The aquarium is all about education!
Tampa Museum of Art –
This place, also located in Downtown Tampa, features everchanging exhibits to highlight local artists.
There are also classic artworks in permanent exhibitions, like Greek and Roman sculptures, and modern and contemporary pieces.
The museum operates on an annual schedule of special events, so check their website to see what kind of new exhibitions are in place before you plan your trip.
In the evenings, the museum lights up The Riverwalk of Downtown Tampa with LEDs in changing colors. Ergo, the building is an art installation in and of itself.
Davis Island Dog Beach –
Take a breather with your canine companions at a beach with miles of shoreline for pups and people to run, play, and swim. There are hoses and drinking fountains galore for proper pup hydration!
For people, the boardwalks are short but beautiful, and there are designated picnic benches for lunch while you watch the sunset.
Big Ray’s Fish Camp –
Considered a messy, rustic treasure to Tampans, this little restaurant is a “hole in the wall” that serves up delicious, fresh seafood in cardboard boats and paper plates.
Their motto is “from our bay to your belly.” Some of their signature dishes include conch fritters, grouper cheeks with sweet Thai chile, classic shrimp po'boy, and the grouper sandwich with homemade tartar sauce.
Looking for something sweet? Snag a sack of fresh doughnuts or fried Oreos for dessert. There’s plenty to do, see, and experience in Tampa, FL, from popular tourist attractions to hidden gems that you have to hunt for.
It’s going to take more than a weekend to explore the whole of the city, so plan to come back for more fun and good eats on your next vacation.
Get Cash For Cars in Tampa
Cash For Cars Tampa is a top junk car buyer in Florida and we’re ready to give you a free offer for your old car!
SELL YOUR CAR FAST! GET AN OFFER TODAY!
Selling a car on your own can be a struggle. Between writing an eye-catching ad, meeting up with perfect strangers to let them test drive the car, and arguing over a fair asking price, you lose money every day your car goes unsold.
Cash For Cars Tampa makes the experience quick and easy. Here’s how: Pick up the phone and give us a call at 1-888-895-3627 or fill out the form on this page.
We’ll give you a free, guaranteed offer after we ask you a few questions about the vehicle. Our car buyers make sure to always stay up-to-date with current market prices, so you know you’ll get the most competitive offer around.
When you accept our offer, we’ll schedule your free towing appointment. We’ll come right to your doorstep, whether you live in Brandon, Plant City, Lakeland, or anywhere in the Tampa area, all at no cost to you.
In some cases, we can pick up the vehicle in less than 24 hours! During your free towing appointment, the driver will present you with your check for your guaranteed offer.
And that’s all she wrote! We’ll handle all the paperwork and other details. We know you’ve got a lot on your plate, and we don’t want to keep you from getting to bank to cash that check!
We’ve been in the auto industry for nearly 35 years, and we’re committed to giving people just like you the max amount of cash for their cars. But, we buy much more than just cars!
Trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, RVs, even boats, we buy them all! Regardless of condition; whether they’re used, wrecked, or junked, we’ll still make you an offer! Give us a call today, Tampa, to get cash for your car!
Get a Cash For Cars Cash Offer Now Tampa!
Cash For Cars Florida Locations