How to Get Your Car Title in California
If you’re looking to sell your car in the Golden State, you’ll need to have the title. If the original title for your vehicle has been lost, stolen, mutilated, or is now illegible, you’ll need to apply for a new one.
Follow these easy steps and you’ll be well on your way to receiving a duplicate title:
1. Fill out the Application for Duplicate or Paperless Title with the correct name(s) of the car’s owner(s) and the correct address information where the vehicle is registered.
2. You can submit the form by mail or in person (If in person, you will need your driver’s license to verify ownership).
The mailing address is as follows:
Department of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 942869
Sacramento, CA 94269 – 0001
3. A duplicate title, as of February 8, 2017, is $20.
4. Expect to receive your duplicate title within 15-30 calendar days after you submit your form.
Remember: CashForCars.com cannot purchase a car from anyone other than the person whose name is on the current, legal title. If you currently have a lien (loan) on your vehicle, you will need to pay off the final amount before we can lawfully pay you for the vehicle.
This information is subject to change and is for informational purposes only. Be sure to check with your local DMV to make sure that all processes are the same, or you can visit the California DMV FAQ page.
CashForCars.com Locations in California
- Cash For Cars Antelope
- Cash For Cars Bakersfield
- Cash For Cars Fresno
- Cash For Cars Hayward
- Cash For Cars Long Beach
- Cash For Cars Los Angeles
- Cash for Cars Martinez
- Cash for Cars Rancho Cucamonga
- Cash For Cars Redding
- Cash for Cars Sacramento
- Cash for Cars San Bernardino
- Cash For Cars San Diego
- Cash For Cars San Jose
- Cash For Cars Sun Valley
- Cash For Cars Vallejo
- Cash For Cars Van Nuys